At Bradford & Barthel, LLP, we understand how to provide defendants with the most aggressive defense against workers’ compensation claims filed against commercial fleets, small fleets, food delivery services, furniture delivery companies, app-driven businesses, and more. With offices all around California, representation in all of Nevada and approximately 100 attorneys, we pay attention to the details to make sure your claim doesn’t slip through the cracks of the California and Nevada workers’ compensation systems.
Our firm has a keen understanding of:
- Red flags that are common among fraudulent claims, such as unwitnessed or unreported claims, or copycat claims.
- How to litigate independent contractor/employee disputes.
- The differences between long-haul and short-haul truckers, and how that can impact your claims.
- Strong investigative skills, including familiarity with private investigators, social media sites and GPS devices.
- A comprehensive understanding of occupational codes, which impact permanent disability costs.
- Defending against hazardous materials allegations.
- Apportionment to nonindustrial factors, and how to obtain that to keep indemnity costs as low as possible.
- The importance of reserves and impact on self-insured and high-deductible clientele.
- Subrogation against third-party motorists and their carriers.
- Cost-benefit analyses and friction costs.