Eric is a global futurist, speaker, author, and advisory member to multiple boards across the globe.
He leads the Innovation Futures Division, an industry agnostic think tank focusing on future disruptions: how to best leverage the future of technology and human behavior in affecting change.
An international keynote speaker, Eric speaks and conducts masterclasses on what is coming next: how to recognize, create, and leverage new business models in leading organizational change through the ongoing reality of global business model disruption.
In this vein, Eric has worked with organizations such as Google, IBM, Shapoorji Pallonji Group in India, Polytechnic University in Hong Kong, KM Asia, KM Europe, KM Congress in India, Social Now in Portugal, Global Legal Forum in The Hague, TEDx and many more.
Eric expanded his focus within the future of technology and human behavior in his TEDx: "The Future of Human Behavior".
His latest book, "Travels in Time", published in May of 2022.
TED Talks: The Future of Human Behavior
How will new adaptive technologies change who we are and the way we behave? And how can leaders shape their organisations while bringing out the best from our common human perspectives? In this talk, Eric shares strategies we can use to meet our aims. He’ll take us through thought leadership exercises in organisational behavior, on a voyage to Mars and the impact of family on personal perspectives. The talk uses personal photographs to illustrate the duality within the perspectives of individuals, their families, the communities to which they belong and the businesses they lead.
TED Talks: Harmony and Analytics: Building Predictive Organizations
Eric’s talk outlines our diverse mentalities, ranging from arts and technology to education. It shows how we can embrace new methods of communication when it comes to learning in both education and business. It will show how analysing data can lead to the discovery of new ways to engage businesses and individuals in common themes.
Harmony and Analytics: Building Predictive Organizations
"When Technology Kills"
The world is in the midst of a technological revolution. The emergence and sophistication of machine learning, artificial intelligence, the Internet of Things, and smart data are pushing the limits for making what was once impossible, possible. As technology is increasingly being used to automate and simplify tasks there are many questions arising – how much autonomy machines should be given, what regulations should be put in place to govern software development, what additional training should humans have to manage these new software systems, and ultimately, who is responsible when software fails and causes property damage, injury, or loss of life.
SC19 HPC Is Now Plenary: When Technology Kills
IBM World of Watson Interview
Spherical world of the future … it’s here AI, machine learning … these can seem like futuristic concepts, but they’re happening now. Furrier asked about how we can learn to deal with this spherical world, a much more fluid world, where there’s no real divide between our work lives and our personal lives. “We’re blurring lines between personal and business, all the time. I think that when we’re looking at businesses itself, as individuals, it’s important to take a look at what’s causing efficiencies within your personal life,” Hunter said. “Oftentimes, it’s the tools we use every day; whether it’s the Google searches or whether you’re logging into Facebook or Twitter feeds … that spherical aspect, that idea that each individual can be their own collaboration point is something that I think really touches on that.” Hunter went on to explain, “So when we’re talking about elements like Watson and AI and innovation, it’s really important to think of, okay, we’re actually [already] interacting with this, every day, and oftentimes, the results are subtle. Whether it’s [our] favorite sports teams [that] we watch, [or] the newscasts, or how we approach our business and the individuals in it, we’re all interacting with it. And understanding that I think helps people take the first step.”
IBM World of Watson Interview with Eric Hunter on "The Cube"
- Three Analysts and a Futurist: Quantum, AI and Wall Street - New York, NY - September, 2022
- A Coming Decade in Connectivity: High Performance Computing, Quantum and the Future of Law - London, UK - September 2022
- The Future of Human Behavior - San Diego, CA - April, 2022
- Ark - Innovations in Macro Economics - Boston, MA - November, 2021
- Ark - Global Knowledge Management - NY, NY - October, 2021
- Ark - Overcoming Barriers in Innovation Adaptation - Chicago, IL - June, 2021
- Augmented Technology Champions - Jacksonville, Florida - November, 2020
- Blue Sky Talks - Generalized AI and the Metaverse - London, UK - September, 2020
- 2030 - Starlink, The Quantum and Augmented/Virtual Realities - British Technology Forum - London, UK - March, 2020
- HPC is Now, Super Computing 19 – Denver, Colorado – November, 2019
- Evolutions in 4th Industrial Organizational Management - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia - October, 2019
- Global Legal Forum – The Hague, Netherlands – August, 2019
- Strategic Technology Forum – Marbella, Spain – June, 2019
- Innovation in Global Knowledge Management Asia – Hong Kong – April, 2019
- Innovations in Technology – Gleneagles, Scotland – March, 2019
- IBM Think – San Francicso, US – February, 2019
- TEDx - Hessle, UK - September, 2018
- Strategic Technology Forum - Lake Maggiore, Italy - June, 2018
- Future Lawyers Summit - London, UK - May, 2018
- CEO Forum - Bangalore, India - March, 2018
- CEO Leadership Forum - Mumbai, India - March, 2018
- KM Asia - Hong Kong - November 2017
- Strategic Technology Forum - San Diego - October 2017
- ILTA - San Francisco - June 2017
- KM Asia - Hong Kong - November 2016
- IBM World of Watson - Las Vegas - October 2016
- Ark - BI & Analytics - NY, NY – Arpil 2016
- Social Now - Lisbon, Portugal – April 2016
- KM Forum - London, UK – March 2016
- KM Europe - Amsterdam, Netherlands – January 2016
- Ark Knowledge Management - NY, NY – October 2015
- ILTA - Las Vegas, NV – August 2015
- Global KM Congress - Mumbai, India – July 2015
- TEDx - Pocklington, UK – May 2015
- ARK - Business Intelligence & Analytics - NY, NY, April 2015
- British Legal Technology Forum - London, March 2015
- KM Asia - Singapore, November 2014
- ARMA - San Diego, October 2014
- Ark Knowledge Management - NY, NY, October 2014
- ILTA - Nashville, August 2014
- ARK - Competitive Intelligence, NY, NY - June 2014
- KM in Legal - London, UK - May 2014
- ARK - BI & Analytics, NY, NY - April 2014
- Combined Claims Conference - Los Angeles, CA - March 2014
- Asia Technology Summit - Hong Kong - March 2014
- ARK - Research & Information, NY, NY - February 2014
- China International - Shanghai, China, December 2013
- ARK Knowledge Management - NY, NY - October 2013
- Legal IT Forum - Ware, UK, October 2013
- RelEvent - Nashville, October 2013
- ILTA - Las Vegas, August 2013
- DFTech Expo - Laguna Beach, May 2013
- Legal Tech West - LA, May 2013
- LexThink.1 – Chicago, April 2013
- LawTech Futures Conference - London, April 2013
- Ark BI/Analytics - NY, NY, April 2013
- Legal Tech Asia- Hong Kong, March 2013
- Legal Tech - NY, NY, January 2013
- VQ Strategy Forum - Stockholm, November 2012
- LawTech Congress - Prague, November 2012
- KM World - New York, October 2012
- ILTA Conference - DC, August 2012
- Legal Tech – Los Angeles, May 2012
- LexThink.1 - Chicago, March 2012
- Law Tech Futures Conference -London, UK, March 2012
- Legal Tech - NY, NY, January 2012
- The Legal IT Forum -Ware, UK, October 2011
- CFS -San Francisco, CA, October 2011
- ILTA Conference - Nashville, TN, August, 2011
- LegalTech West - Los Angeles, CA, May, 2011
- Chilli IQ Conference - Sanctuary Cove, Australia, September, 2010
- ILTA Conference - Las Vegas, NV, August, 2010
- Insight Conference - London, UK, April, 2010