Working synergistically with the Bradford and Barthel Appeals Department, Bradford and Barthel offers complex case management for clients in representation across all Workers’ Compensation Defense Litigation.
A complex case is an action that requires exceptional judicial management to avoid placing unnecessary burdens on the court or the litigants; to expedite the case, keep costs reasonable, and promote effective decision making by the court, the parties, and counsel.
Complex cases involve:
- Difficult or novel legal issues that will be time-consuming to resolve
- A large number of witnesses or a substantial amount of documentary evidence
- A large number of parties
- Coordination with related actions pending in one or more courts
- Cases involving provider fraud
- Catastrophes, resulting in a large number of claims arising out of a single accident or event
Benefits provided under complex case management include:
- Cost mitigation by reducing time spent litigating common issues of fact and law, and by spreading costs over a large number of cases
- Reduction in claims reported to the WCIRB
- Streamlined discovery
- Predictability in outcomes across a large number of cases
- Access to special lien tribunals (the Special Adjudication Unit)
- Stay orders effectuated across a large number provider or discovery disputes
Due to the higher potential for second reviews or appeal in what can become high profile litigation, the Complex Litigation Department works closely with the Bradford & Barthel Appeals Department, from the outset of all complex litigation, to ensure all issues of precedential impact or first impression are properly framed and presented at trial.
If you have a question, please send an email inquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.